The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chilli Chicken Laksa
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste SHU 225,000)
- 1 finely chopped in thin rings of Naga Bhut Jolokia (Ghost) Chilli RED
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1-tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 onion, roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 stems lemon grass (white part only), sliced
- 6 candlenuts or macadamias
- 2-3 teaspoons shrimp paste, roasted
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/4-cup (60 ml) oil
- 400 gr chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 3 cups (750 ml) coconut milk
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons limejuice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 250 gr dried rice vermicelli
- 90 gr bean sprouts
- 4 fried tofu puffs, julienned
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh Vietnamese mint
- 2/3-cup (20 gr) fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Roast the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, tossing the pan constantly to prevent them burning.
- Grind finely in a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder.
- Place all the spices, onion, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, candlenuts, Habanero paste and shrimp paste in the food processor or blender.
- Add about 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the stock and blend to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in the wok over low heat and gently cook the paste for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent it burning or sticking to the bottom.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, lime leaves, lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar and simmer for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 4-5 minutes. Drain and divide among large serving bowls with the bean sprouts.
- Ladle the soup over the top and garnish with some tofu strips, mint, Red Naga Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Chilli) and coriander leaves. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Turbo Supercharge Recipes
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Hot Chilli Hummingbird Cake with Maple glazed Apple
- Hot Pumpkin, Spinach and Lentil Curry
- Hot Chilli Beef Pho
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Chicken Panang Curry
- Pork Noodle Salad
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Lime Cakes with Chilli Lemongrass Syrup
- Chilli Prawns with Garlic
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Mung Bean Vermicelli With Lamb and Peanuts
- Hot Chilli Chicken Burgers
- Chilli Crab and Papaya Noodle Salad
- Crying Tiger
- Curried Chilli Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Chinese Roast Duck and Noodle Salad
- Black Grape Chilli Sorbet
- Noodles With Chilli Beef
- Grilled Chilli Tiger Prawns
- Pancit Canton
- Noodel Nest Filled With Barbequed Pork
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Baby Squid Stuffed WIth Pork and Vermicelli Noodles
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Passion fruit Blancmange
- Ma Po Tofu With Noodles
- Double Chilli Chocolate Biscotti
- Noodles and Crab Omelette
- Spicy Fun See Noodle Salad
- Beef and Glass Noodle Salad
- Chilli Vegetable Kebabs
- Spicy Pork and Couscous Salad
- Spicy Lamb Kebabs with Chilli Apple Chutney
- Chilli Chicken Laksa