The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Todd River Dust
Bananas in Chilli Coconut Cream
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 50 mL of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 3,200)
- 1 whole fresh finely chopped of Siam YELLOW
400 ml coconut cream
2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or brown sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons lime juice
4 sugar bananas, peeled and halved
Toasted shredded coconut to serve
Place coconut cream, Todd River Dust and palm sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and cook for 4 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
Place butter and brown sugar in a non-stick frying pan over low heat.
Stir until combined and sugar is dissolved.
Stir in limejuice.
Add bananas and cook for 2 minutes each side until bananas are just soft.
To serve, divide bananas between bowls and pour over chilli coconut cream sauce. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and finely chopped Siam Yellow Chilli
Palm sugar is available from Asian food stores and some supermarkets.
Todd River Dust Recipes
- Sweet Oriental Poached Chicken
- Hot Vietnamese Fish Soup
- Fish and Peanut Noodle Toss
- Sesame Tuna and Egg Noodle Salad
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Bananas in Chilli Coconut Cream
- Gyoza With Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Vietnamese Crepes With Pork, Prawns and Noodles
- Soy Chicken and Green Tea Noodle Salad
- Pancit Canton
- Prawn and Mango Relish Noodle Salad
- Thai beef and Noodle salad
- Chilli Chicken Turnovers with Smokey Spicy Tomato Sauce