The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chicken, Chilli Jam and Noodle Stir Fry
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Sweet Dreams (Medium Chilli Jam)
- 250 g flat rice stick noodles
- 400 g chicken breast fillet
- 1 onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 90 g bean sprouts
- 100 g unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, extra, to garnish
- 1 Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with warm water and soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
2 Cut the chicken breast fillets into 5 mm slices against the grain. Halve the onion and cut into thin wedges. Cut the capsicum in half, remove the seeds and membrane, and then cut into thin strips with a sharp knife.
3 Heat a wok over high heat, add the peanut oil and swirl to coat the side. Cook the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken slices and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, or until browned and almost cooked through. Stir in the chilli jam, then add the capsicum and cook for another minute.
4 Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, bean sprouts, cashews nuts, basil and the noodles to the wok and toss until warmed through and well combined. Garnish with the extra basil and serve immediately.
Sweet Dreams Recipes
- Chilli Celery Chowder
- Chilli Ricotta Slice
- Salmon with Light Chilli Mayonnaise
- Baby Octopus, Mint and Pine Nut Salad
- Fish and Peanut Noodle Toss
- Chicken, Chilli Jam and Noodle Stir Fry
- Chilli Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
- Goats Cheese tarts with roast peaches and vincotto
- Lentil Patties with Chilli Yoghurt Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Chicken and Papaya Salad