The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chilli Lamb Shank and Vegetable Soup
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 100 gms of Outback Storm (Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 litres of beef stock
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 bay leaves
- seasoning to taste
- Heat oil in large stockpot. Brown shanks well over. Transfer to plate. Add onions and garlic to a pan. Saute until onions are tender. Stir in carrots, potatoes, turnip and parsnip. Cook for 1 min.
- Blend in remaining ingredients. Return shanks to pot. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until barley is tender and lamb falls of the bone.
- Transfer shanks to a dish. Add meat to soup. Heat gently, serve with bread.
Outback Storm Recipes
- Chilli Veggie Burrito
- Zucchini Chilli Pesto Spaghetti with Red and Yellow Tomato Salad
- Pumpkin, Basil and Chilli Stir fry
- Chilli Tomato Burgers with Glazed Onions
- Moroccan Chilli Carrot Salad
- Chilli tomato, Olive and Rocket Pizza
- Gyoza With Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Chilled Chilli Tomato Soup with Avocado Lime Salad
- Chilli Lamb Shank and Vegetable Soup
- Chilli Mango Waffle Baskets
- Beef and Glass Noodle Salad
- Chilli Vegetable Kebabs