The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Mung Bean Vermicelli With Lamb and Peanuts
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Hot Habanero Paste 300,000 SHU)
- 6 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 100 g mung bean vermicelli
- 300 g lamb fillet, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 175 g baby English spinach leaves, trimmed
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- White pepper to taste
- 1 Place the Chinese mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes, or until softened. Drain and squeeze out the excess water. Discard the woody stems, and then thinly slice the caps. Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes. Drain and cut into 8 cm lengths with scissors.
- Serve with Numbat Nibble (Mild Chilli Satay Sauce SHU 1,700)
2 Place the lamb in a non-metallic bowl. Combine the soy sauce, sugar, 1tablespoon of the sesame oil and half the garlic, pour over the lamb and turn until well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour.
3 Heat a large wok over high heat, add one tablespoon of peanut oil and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the lamb in two batches (adding another 1tablespoon of the peanut oil and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil with each batch), for 2 minutes, or until brown. Remove and keep warm.
4 Wipe the wok clean with paper towels, and then return to high heat. Add the remaining peanut oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the Habanero paste and the remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add the carrot and the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, spring onion and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Return the lamb and any juices to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Add the noodles with half the crushed peanuts and coriander, season to taste with white pepper and toss together until well combined. Garnish with the remaining peanuts and coriander and serve with the satay sauce.