The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Beef fillet with Spicy Potatoes and Chilli Capsicum Cream
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped of Habanero WHITE Jelly Bean Chilli
- 4 tablespoons of Kangaroo Punch (Medium Chilli Capsicum (Paprika) Salsa SHU 7,500)
5 tablespoons (100ml) olive oil,
2 cloves garlic, crushed,
1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves,
650gr beef fillet, trimmed of fat and sinew,
2 red capsicums,
750gr potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes,
1-tablespoon sweet smokey paprika,
150ml crème fraîche.
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and
100gr baby rocket.
Preheat oven at 190c.
Combine 1-tablespoon olive oil, garlic, finely chopped white habanero Chilli and half the thyme, and rub into the beef. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
Grill the capsicum until the skin is blackened and charred. Place in a plastic bag and leave until cool, then remove skin and seeds.
Slice capsicum into thin strips and set aside.
Heat a lightly oiled large frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook on all sides till brown. Transfer to a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Cook in an oven for 10 minutes (it will still be quite rare, so cook a little longer if preferred).
Let it cool.
Place potatoes in a bowl with 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and remaining thyme. Spread potatoes in a large lined baking tray, and roast for 20 to 25minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
Place crème fraîche and Kangaroo Punch in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
To serve, combine remaining olive oil and vinegar, season and toss with capsicum strips and rocket. Cut beef into 5cm slices. Place potatoes on plates, top with salad then beef. Drizzle with capsicum salsa.
Kangaroo Punch Recipes
- Carrot Sesame and Avocado Sushi served with Chilli Capsicum Salsa
- Aussie Style Chilli Hamburgers
- Chicken and Pork Mince With Fried Noodles
- Grilled Chilli Tiger Prawns
- Chilli Beef With Cashews
- Beef fillet with Spicy Potatoes and Chilli Capsicum Cream
- Spicy Brochette with shredded Chicken and Chilli Capsicum Salsa