The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Stuffed Chicken Wings
Makes 12 Entrees Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of Dragon's Blood (Bloody Hot Stuff!!)
- 12 large chicken wings
- 20 g dried rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 200 g pork mince
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Peanut oil to deep-fry
- Rice flour, well seasoned to coat
- Serve with Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
1 Using a small sharp knife and starting at the flatter end of the wing scrape down the bone, pushing the flesh and skin as you go until you reach the connecting joint. Twist and pull the exposed bone from its socket and discard the bone. Take care not to pierce the skin. Repeat with the remaining wings.
2 Meanwhile, place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 6-7 minutes. Drain and cut into 2 cm pieces with scissors. Stir the palm sugar and fish sauce together in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
3 Combine the pork mince, spring onion, garlic, DRAGONS BLOOD and the fish sauce mixture in a food processor until well mixed. Transfer to a bowl, and then stir in the coriander and vermicelli. Divide the mixture into 12 even-sized balls. Stuff each boned-out section of chicken wing with a ball of mixture and secure with a toothpick.
4 Place the wings in a bamboo or metal over a wok of simmering water-ensure the base of the steamer does not touch the water. Cover and steam for 8 minutes. Remove the wings from the steamer, and then set aside to firm and cool.
5 Fill a deep heavy-based saucepan one-third full of oil and heat to 200 c, or until a cube of bread browns in 5 seconds. Coat the wings in seasoned flour. Cook in batches for 3 minutes each batch, or until the wings are golden brown and cooked through, Drain on paper towels. Remove the toothpicks and serve with the hot sweet chilli sauce.
Funnelweb Bite Recipes
- Cheese, Beetroot and Pinenut Triangles
- Spicy Yoghurt Chicken
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Sticky Chilli Rice with Mango
- Somen Noodle Salad With Sesame Dressing
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Grilled Salmon with Thai Green Risotto
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Roast Chilli Duck With Shiitake Mushroom and Flat Rice Noodle Broth
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Spring Rolls With Sate Sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Wings
- Prawn and Mango Rocket Salad, and Chilli dressing
- Crispy Noodles (Mee Crob)
- Chilli Chicken and Coconut Soup
- Chilli Money Bags Served With Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce