The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Roast Chilli Duck With Shiitake Mushroom and Flat Rice Noodle Broth
Serves 4 - 6 Print Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 3 dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 Chinese roast duck (1.5 kg)
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2-teaspoon sugar
- 400 gr flat rice noodles
- 2-tablespoon oil
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 400 gr Bok coy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Place the shiitake mushroom in a heatproof bowl, cover with 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid and squeezing the excess liquid from the mushrooms. Discard the woody stems and thinly slice the caps.
2 Remove the skin and flesh from the roast duck. Discard the fat and the carcass. Finely slice the duck meat and the skin and marinade for 10 minutes in the hot sweet chilli sauce
3 Place the chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar and the reserved mushroom liquid in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
4 Meanwhile, place the rice noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak briefly. Gently separate the noodles with your hands and drain well. Divide evenly among large soup bowls.
5 Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the spring onion, ginger and shiitake mushroom and cook for several seconds. Transfer to the broth with the bok choy and the duck meat and simmer for 1 minute, or until the duck has warmed through and the bok choy has wilted. Ladle the soup on the noodles and drizzle sesame oil on each serving. Serve immediately.
Funnelweb Bite Recipes
- Cheese, Beetroot and Pinenut Triangles
- Spicy Yoghurt Chicken
- Stir Fried Seafood with Basil and Lime
- Sticky Chilli Rice with Mango
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Spicy Prawn Fritters
- Grilled Salmon with Thai Green Risotto
- Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
- Roast Chilli Duck With Shiitake Mushroom and Flat Rice Noodle Broth
- Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
- Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Spring Rolls With Sate Sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Wings
- Somen Noodle Salad With Sesame Dressing
- Crispy Noodles (Mee Crob)
- Chilli Chicken and Coconut Soup
- Chilli Money Bags Served With Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Prawn and Mango Rocket Salad, and Chilli dressing