The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Spicy Fun See Noodle Salad
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Hot Habanero Paste 300,000 SHU)
- 2 teaspoons of Dragon's Blood (Bloody Hot Stuff!! SHU 36,000)
- 125 g mung bean vermicelli
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 sticks celery julienned
- 100 g snow peas, julienned
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, seeded and julienned
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced into long diagonal strips
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup Chinese sesame paste
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Drain. Cut in half with scissors, place in a large bowl, add the sesame oil and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until needed.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the carrot, celery, snow peas and 2 teaspoons salt and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh in icy cold water. Drain again and pat dry, making sure all the water is drained-squeeze out in a clean tea towel, if necessary. Combine with the cucumber and spring onion and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the dressing, place the sesame paste in a bowl and stir well. Slowly mix in the dragon blood, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, Habanero paste, and chicken stock
- Just before serving add three quarters of the herbs to the chilled noodles. Pour the dressing on top, and then toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter and top with the remaining vegetables and herbs.