The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
Serves 4 - 6 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 250 g flat rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 8 large raw prawns, peeled, de-veined and tail intact
- 100 g fried tofu puffs, julienned
- 90 g bean sprout
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with hot water and soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
2 Combine the tamarind puree wit1 tablespoon water. Place the Habanero paste, garlic, and spring onion in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a smooth paste. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and stir in the tamarind mixture along with the hot sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and limejuice, stirring until combined.
3 Heat a wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the side. Add the egg and swirl to coat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove, roll up and cut into thin slices.
4 Heat the remaining oil in the wok, stir in the chilli mixture, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the pork, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir-fry for further minute, or until pink and curled.
5 Stir in the noodles, egg, tofu and the bean sprouts, and gently toss together until heated through.
6 Serve immediately topped with the peanuts, coriander and lime wedges.