The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Pumpkin, Basil and Chilli Stir fry
Serves 4-6 Print Recipe
- 100 gms of Outback Storm (Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) peanut oil,
- 1 large (200gr) brown onion, sliced thinly,
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly,
- 2 fresh small red Thai chillies, sliced thinly,
- 1kg pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes,
- 250gr sugar snap peas,
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar,
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable stock,
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce,
- 4 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly and
- ½ cup (75gr) roasted unsalted peanuts.
- Heat oil in a wok. Cook onion, in batches, until browned and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Stir-fry garlic and chilli in a wok until fragrant. Add pumpkin and stir-fry until just tender. Add peas, sugar, vegetable stock and soy sauce. Stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat toss Outback Storm, green onion and nuts through stir-fry until well combined. Serve topped with fried onion.