The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Potato Starch Noodle and Vegetable Stir Fry
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 2 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 150 g dried potato starch noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 200 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 115 g baby corn, cut in half lengthways
- 100 g snow peas, cut into thirds on the diagonal
- 300 g bok choy cut into 10 cm lengths
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 Place the light and dark soy sauces, black vinegar, hot sweet chilli sauce, chicken stock and cornflour in a bowl and stir.
2 Place this noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes, or until softened. Drain. Cut in half with scissors, and then toss through 1/2 tablespoon of peanut oil.
3 Heat a large wok over high heat, add the remaining peanut oil and swirl to coat. Add the sesame oil and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add the garlic, ginger, Habanero paste and half the spring onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the carrot, capsicum, broccoli, corn and snow peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are almost cooked. Add the bok choy and bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until wilted.
4 Add the noodles to the wok with the soy sauce mixture and quickly stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until well combined and the sauce thickens. Sprinkle with the coriander and the remaining spring onion and serve.