The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Cheese, Beetroot and Pinenut Triangles
- 80 gms of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 110g Feta cheese
- 110g Ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Pinenuts
- 1 Egg/beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 14 Sheets of filo pastry
- 110g Butter
- Place the butter in a basin and stand on low heat, to melt. Mix together the cheeses, Redbelly's Favourite (Chilli Beetroot Chutney, pinenuts and beaten egg in a bowl and season to taste.
- Lay a sheet of filo pastry on the worktop and brush with melted butter. Lay a second sheet of filo pastry on top and cut the pastry into four long strips. Place two teaspoons of the cheese mixture at the base of one strip and fold the pastry over diagonally to form a triangle. Continue to fold up the length of the pastry enclosing the filling. Place on a buttered baking tray. Continue to use up all the filling and the pastry.
- Brush the triangles with melted butter and bake.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.