The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Asian Salmon and Bass Laksa
- 200 mls of Fiery Frillneck Hiss (Hot Smokey Chilli Tomato Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 100g asparagus tips
- 200g pak choi
- 150g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2cm piece of root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 jar Red Thai Curry Sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 200g bass fillet, cubed
- 2 packs of hoki egg noodles
- Place the asparagus, pak choi and broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh in iced water.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep saucepan and sautÃ© the shallots, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the can of coconut milk and jar of Red Thai Curry Sauce and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes. Stir in the fish or soy sauce.
- Simmer for a further 2 minutes and then add the salmon and bass. Finally add the drained blanched vegetables and continue to cook gently for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packaging and divide between 4 hot serving bowls. Ladle over the cooked laksa and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves. Serve at once.