The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Seafood Based Mains
Chilli Prawns with Garlic
Serves 4-6 Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1kg medium uncooked prawns,
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander root and stem mixture,
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander seeds,
- 1 teaspoon pickled green peppercorns,
- 4 cloves garlic, quartered,
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil,
- 1 cup (80gr) bean sprouts,
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander,
- 1 tablespoon packaged fried shallot,
- 1 tablespoon packaged fried garlic and
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves.
- Shell and de-vein prawns, leave tails intact.
- Crush coriander mixture, coriander seeds, peppercorns, Turbo Supercharge and garlic to a paste, using a mortar and pestle. Place paste in a large bowl with prawns and half the oil. For coating well toss the prawns in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok, stir-fry prawn mixture, in batches, until the prawns are changed in colour. Remove from heat, toss the bean sprouts and the chopped coriander through stir-fry. Serve sprinkled with fried shallots, fried garlic and coriander leaves.