The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Somen Noodle Salad With Sesame Dressing
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi granules
- 125 g dried somen noodles
- 100 g snow peas sliced on the diagonal
- 100 g daikon radish, julienned
- 50 g baby English spinach leaves trimmed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- To make the dressing, place the sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle and grind until fine and moist. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot sweet chilli sauce, dashi granules and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for two minutes, or until the dashi granules have dissolved. Remove from the heat. Cool. Gradually combine with the ground sesame seeds, stirring to form a thick dressing.
- Cook the noodles in a large frying pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and cool completely. Cut into 10 cm lengths using scissors.
- Place the snow peas in a large shallow bowl with the daikon, carrot, spring onion, English spinach leaves and the noodles. Add the dressing and toss well to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, sprinkle the top with the toasted sesame seeds.