The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Pork Noodle Salad
Serves 4 - 6 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 fresh coriander roots
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cm- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 30 g fresh black fungus
- 100g dried rice vermicelli
- 2 red Asian shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g pork mince
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Oak leave or coral lettuce to serve
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves extra to garnish
1 To make the Asian broth, place the stock, coriander roots, lime leaves, ginger and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 3/4 cup. Strain and return to the pan.
2 Discard the woody stems from the fungus, and then thinly slice. Soak the vermicelli in boiling water for 6-7 minutes. Drain, and then cut into 3 cm lengths. Combine the vermicelli, fungus, Habanero paste, red Asian shallots, spring onion and garlic.
3 Return the stock to the heat and bring to the boil. Add the pork mince and stir, breaking up any lumps, for 2-3 minutes, or until the pork changes colour and is cooked. Drain, and then add to the vermicelli mixture.
4 Combine the limejuice, fish sauce, palm sugar and white pepper, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add to the pork mixture with the coriander and mix well. Season with salt.
5 To assemble, tear or shred the lettuce, then arrange on a serving dish. Spoon on the pork and noodle mixture and garnish with the lime wedges and extra coriander.