The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Baby Octopus, Mint and Pine Nut Salad
Serves 2 Print Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of Sweet Dreams (Medium Chilli Jam)
- 250g Baby Octopus, bodies cut into rings, tentacles
- left whole
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fine sugar
- A small bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- A handful of rocket
- 50g pine nuts
- In a bowl, mix together the octopus, olive oil, Sweet Heat (Chilli Jam), lime zest and garlic. Toss well so that the octopus pieces are thoroughly coated. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Whisk together the limejuice, sugar and some salt in a salad bowl. Heat a frying pan on a high heat, then add the octopus and let it sear for 1minute. Pour over the octopus marinade and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Tip the octopus into the salad bowl, mix in the mint, rocket and pine nuts, and serve immediately.