The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Meat Based Mains
Sweet and Sour Pork
Serves 3-4 Print Recipe
- 35 mls of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce) For the sauce:-
- Juice from 400g can pineapple pieces
- 30ml tomato ketchup
- 15ml tomato purÃ©e
- 30ml malt vinegar
- 35ml Todd Riverdust (mild sweet chilli sauce)
- Orange juice
- 450g lean pork cubes
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red capsicum de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 50g baby corn, halved
- 400g can pineapple pieces in natural juice
- In a measuring jug mix together the pineapple juice, tomato ketchup, tomato purÃ©e, malt vinegar and the Todd Riverdust (mild sweet chilli sauce). Then pour sufficient orange juice into the measuring jug until the sauce quantity measures 450ml.
- Place pork and onions in a large casserole dish, and then pour over the sauce. Transfer the dish to the oven and cook for 1½-1¾ hours, until the meat is tender. Add the orange and red capsicum, baby corn and pineapple pieces and stir. Return the dish to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with thick noodles.