The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Meat Based Mains
Ma Po Tofu With Noodles
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste SHU 225,000)
- 450 g silken firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 375 g hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 225 g pork mince
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted black beans, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli bean paste
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 spring onions (green part only)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Place the tofu on a paper towel to drain the excess moisture.
2 Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for one minute. Drain well, rinse under cold water and drain again. Divide among four serving bowls. Combine the cornflour and one tablespoon water in a small bowl.
3 Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the ginger, Habanero paste and spring onion and cook for 30 seconds, then add the pork mince and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until almost cooked. Add the black beans, chilli bean paste and soy sauce and stir-fry for one minute. Stir in the chicken stock, rice wine and tofu and cook for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
4 Stir the cornflour mixture and garlic into the wok and cook for a further minute, or until thickened. Spoon over the noodles and season with ground white pepper. Garnish with the extra spring onion and drizzle with the sesame oil.