The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Vietnamese Crepes With Pork, Prawns and Noodles
Serves 6 Print Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups (265 g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 120 g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 20 g fresh mint
- 30 g fresh coriander leaves
- 75 g mung bean vermicelli, broken
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g lean pork fillet, minced
- 250 g raw medium prawns, peeled, de-veined and chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 75 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 To make the crepe batter, blend the rice flour, baking powder, sugar, tumeric, coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup (250 ml) water in a blender to a smooth batter. Cover and leave in a warm place for 2-3 hours
2 Mix together all the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
3 Toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
4 To make the filling, soak the vermicelli in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Drain. Heat the wok over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then the garlic, cooking for a further 30 seconds. Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the prawns, capsicum and mushrooms and cook until the prawns change colour. Stir in the noodles, soy sauce, white pepper and spring onion until combined.
5 To make the crepes whisk the batter until smooth. Heat 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in a 30 cm non-stick frying pan. Pour 1/3 cup of the batter in the centre of the pan, and swirl to spread to the edges. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Turn and repeat on the other side. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter to make 6 crepes in total.
6 To assemble, place a portion of the filling on half a crepe, folding the other side on top. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling. Serve with the sauce, salad and lime.