The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Spicy Prawn Fritters
Makes 24 Entrees Print Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Hot Habanero Paste 300,000 SHU)
- 1 tablespoon of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 4 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 28,000)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 200 g fresh egg noodles
- 500 g small prawn green and peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Peanut oil to shallow-fry
1 For dipping sauce mix limejuice and hot sweet chilli sauce in a bowl
2 Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and rinse. Cut into 5 cm lengths.
3 Place the prawns, coriander leaves, garlic, spring onion, Habanero paste, lime leaves, fish sauce, hot sweet chilli sauce and egg in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add the noodles and mix with your hands until well combined. Using heaped tablespoons, form the mixture into 24 fritters.
4 Fill a large frying pan to 1 cm deep with oil and heat till 180 c or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds. Fry the fritters in three batches for 3-4 minutes each batch, or until cooked through and golden and crispy on the outside. Drain on paper towels. Serve with the dipping sauce.