The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Noodles and Crab Omelette
Serves 6 Print Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 75 g dried mung bean vermicelli
- 200 g fresh cooked crabmeat
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh Thai basil
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 To make the dressing, whisk the white vinegar, limejuice, tamarind puree, sugar and Habanero paste together in a small bowl.
2 Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut into short lengths and return to the bowl. Add the crabmeat, spring onion, coriander and Thai basil and toss until well combined.
3 Whisk the eggs and the Habanero paste in a small bowl until well combined. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat and swirl to coat. Pour in a sixth of the egg mixture and swirl to about 16 cm diameter. Take the wok of the heat when the egg has not quite set in the middle. Remove the omelette from the wok with a spatula and lay out on a chopping board. Arrange a sixth of the noodle mixture along one end of the omelette, roll up tightly, and then wrap in plastic wrap-twist both ends of the plastic wrap for a tight roll. Repeat with the remaining oil, egg mixture and filling, to make six omelettes in total. Rest for 10 minutes.
4 Remove the plastic wrap from the rolls, trim the ends and cut on the diagonal into three or four even slice. Serve with the tamarind dressing.