The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Noodel Nest Filled With Barbequed Pork
Serves 6 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste SHU 225,000)
- 200 g dried fine egg noodles
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hoi sin sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Peanut oil, to deep-fry
- 400 g Chinese barbecued pork (char sui), thinly sliced
- 400 g choy sum, leaves trimmed and separated
1 Cook the egg noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Cool completely, then divide into six even portions.
2 Combine the hoi sin sauce, stock, rice wine, black vinegar, sesame oil, Habanero paste and soy sauce in a bowl.
3 Fill a wok 1/3 full of peanut oil and heat to 180 c. Place a portion of the noodles in a large Chinese wire strainer (about 15 centimetres in diameter), pressing down with a smaller wire strainer to make a well in the centre. Holding the two handles together, deep-fry for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the nest with tongs and drain on crumpled paper towels. Repeat with the remaining noodles to make six nests in total.
4 Heat a large wok over medium heat, add the hoi sin sauce mixture and bring to simmer. Add the pork and choy sum and toss for 1-2 minutes. Divide between the nest and drizzle with any remaining sauce. Serve immediately.