The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Lentil Patties with Chilli Yoghurt Sauce
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Sweet Dreams (Medium Chilli Jam)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint and
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Dreams (Chilli Jam 6/10),
- 200gr natural yoghurt,
- sea salt and fresh chopped chilli to taste,
- ½ teaspoon cumin,
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano,
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander,
- 2½ cups chicken stock,
- ? cup chopped parsley,
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped,
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup carrots, finely copped,
- 1 onion, finely chopped,
- Ingredients for lentil patties
- 2 tablespoons oil,
- ¼ cup flour,
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs,
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten,
- ¼ cup oil and
- breadcrumbs for frying,
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- Ingredients for Chilli Yoghurt Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Preparation for lentil patties: Heat oil in frying pan. Add onion, celery and carrots and saute until tender.
- Add chicken stock, lentils, coriander, oregano, cumin, sea salt and chilli. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes or until lentils are tender - stir occasionally.
- Add parsley and stale breadcrumbs, mix well, turn off heat and let it stand to cool.
- Shape the cooled mixture into 8 round patties of 5cm.
- Lightly coat patties in flour, dip them in egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan. Fry patties until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with Chilli Yoghurt Sauce and vegetables.
- Preparation for Chilli Yoghurt Sauce: Mix all ingredients.