The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Hot Chilli Beef Pho
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 2 teaspoons of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste SHU 225,000)
- 400 g rump steak, trimmed
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1/2 onion
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Pinch ground white pepper
- 200 g fresh thin round rice noodles
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 30 fresh Vietnamese mint leaves
- 90 g bean sprouts
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 Wrap the meat in plastic wrap and freeze for 30-40 minutes, or until partially frozen. Thinly slice the meat across the grain.
2 Place the stock in large heavy based saucepan with the onion half, star anise, cinnamon stick, fish sauce, white pepper, Habanero paste and 2 cups (500 ml) water to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat till simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Discard the onion, star anise and cinnamon stick.
3 Meanwhile, cover the noodles with boiling water and gently separate. Drain and refresh with cold water. Divide the noodles and spring onion among the serving bowls. Top with equal amounts of beef, mint, bean sprouts and onion slices. Ladle on the simmering broth and serve.