The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Goats Cheese tarts with roast peaches and vincotto
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Sweet Dreams (Medium Chilli Jam)
- 4 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125g firm goats cheese cut in to 4 slices
- 2 small peaches, stones removed, quartered
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vincotto
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 100g-baby rocket
- Preheat oven at 200 c
- Cut 4 discs from the pastry using 12cm pastry cutter.
- Using glass as a guide, score (dont cut right through) an inner circle on each disc, just slightly bigger than the width of your slice of goats cheese, leaving a 2cm border.
- Place pastry circles on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Prick the bases of the inner circles with a fork and refrigerate for 15mins.
- Brush pastry border with egg and bake foe 10 mins until risen, but not completely cooked through.
- Lay a slice of goats cheese in the centre of each tart top with a tbs of chilli jam.
- Place peaches on a separate lined baking tray and drizzle with honey.
- Cook the tarts and the peaches in the oven for 10min or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- To serve, sit 2 pikes of peach on each tart and drizzle with a little vincotto.
- Combine remaining vincotto and oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss with rocket.
- Serve beside each tart. Vincotto is made from cooked grape must, or figs. From Italian grocers or delis. Substitute with balsamic vinegar.