The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Baby Squid Stuffed WIth Pork and Vermicelli Noodles
Serves 6 Print Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Hot Habanero Paste 300,000 SHU)
- 12 baby squid tubes (about 100 g each)
- 75 g dried rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 80 g roughly chopped unsalted peanuts
- 750 g pork mince
- 2 teaspoons yellow bean sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped Thai basil
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Cornflour, to dust
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
1 To clean the squid, pull out the tentacles and remove the quill from the hoods and discard. Rinse well under cold running water. Pat dry.
2 Place the vermicelli in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 6-7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut into short lengths.
3 Heat the peanut oil and Habanero paste in the wok till hot. Add the garlic, palm sugar and peanuts and stir-fry for 5 seconds. Add the mince and stir for 6-7 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps. Stir in the vermicelli until well combined. Remove from the heat and stir in the yellow bean sauce. Allow to cool slightly, and then stir in the herbs. Divide the filling into 12 even portions.
4 fill each squid tube with a portion of filling, and then lightly dust with cornflour.
5 Heat a clean wok over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Cook the squid in batches, two at a time, and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining squid. Season with salt and serve with lime wedge