The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Double Chilli Chocolate Biscotti
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste SHU 225,000)
- 110g Butter
- 110g Plain chocolate
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 200g Plain flour
- 1½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 225g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 110g Pistachios kernels, chopped
- Place the butter and the chocolate in a basin and stand on low heat until melted.
- Mix together the cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the melted butter and chocolate into the dry ingredients. Add the beaten eggs followed by the chopped nuts, Turbo Supercharge (Habanero Paste), and the vanilla essence.
- Line a large baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper. Spoon the biscotti dough onto the baking tray and shape into a rough, very! long shape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm to the touch and dry on the top.
- Cool the biscotti on the tin for 10 minutes and then cool on a cooling rack. Place on a chopping board and cut the biscotti into slices about 2cm thick. Lay the slices on the baking tray and return to the oven, as above, for 10 minutes, to dry out.