The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Spicy Lamb and Noodle Salad
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lambs back straps about 250 g each
- 500 g fresh Shanghai noodles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 80 g snow pea sprouts
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 Combine the five-spice powder, 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and garlic in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Add the sesame oil and toss to combine thoroughly.
3 Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Cook the lamb over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes, and then thinly slice across the grain.
4 To make the dressing, combine the ginger, Chinese black vinegar, rice wine, peanut oil and chilli mango cordial in a small bowl.
5 Place the noodles, lamb strips, snow pea sprouts, capsicum, spring onion and the dressing in a large bowl and toss gently until well combined. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve