The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Sesame Tuna and Egg Noodle Salad
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 100 mls of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce SHU 3,200)
- 300 g fresh flat egg noodles
- 100 g watercress, trimmed
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 3 tuna steaks (about 550 g)
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again. Place in a large bowl with the watercress, cucumber, capsicum and coriander and toss together well.
2 To make the dressing, combine the kecap manis, Chinese rice wine and mild sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Pour over the noodle mixture and toss together until well combined.
3 Mix the sesame seeds together on a sheet of baking paper. Pat the tuna steaks dry with paper towel, then coat in the sesame seeds.
4 Fill a large frying pan to 1.5 cm with peanut oil and heat ti 180 c. Fry the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side-they should still be pink in the centre. Drain on paper towels, and then cut into 1.5 cm thick slices across the grain using a very sharp knife
5 To serve divide the noodle salad among four serving bowls and arrange strips of tuna on top. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately