The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chilli Crab and Papaya Noodle Salad
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Hot Habanero Paste 300,000 SHU)
- 50 mls of Dragon's Blood (Bloody Hot Stuff!! SHU 36,000)
- 80 g dried rice vermicelli
- 250 g green papaya
- 300g fresh-cooked crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced Chinese celery
- 10 g fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped Thai basil
- 2 tablespoons crisp fried shallots
- 30 g roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 100 ml limejuice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1 Place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 6-7 minutes, or until tender. Drain well, rinse in cold water and drain again.
2 Meanwhile, peel the green papaya, cut in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the fruit into julienne strips and place in a non-metallic bowl. Add the crabmeat and celery.
3 To make the dressing, whisk together the peanut oil, lime juice, dragon blood, fish sauce, sugar and Habanero paste into a small bowl.
4 Pour the dressing over the crab and papaya mixture and toss well. Add the noodles, mint and Thai basil and toss again, coating well in the dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
5 Sprinkle the salad with the fried shallot flakes and crushed roasted peanuts just before serving.