The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of Dragon's Blood (Bloody Hot Stuff!!)
- 1 chicken breast fillet (250 g)
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 200 g mung bean vermicelli
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded and julienned into 5 cm lengths
- 2 spring onions, extra sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 Season the chicken breast well with salt and black pepper. Put the spring onion on the bottom of the wok and place the chicken breast on top. Gently pour in the stock, bring to a simmer over low heat and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool, reserving the liquid.
2 Place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3 Meanwhile, to make the dressing, blend the sesame paste, soy sauce rice vinegar, dragons blood, sugar and 150 ml of the reserved poaching liquid in a blender until smooth.
4 Shred the chicken meat and place into a large bowl with the cucumber, noodles, extra spring onions and the dressing and toss until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
5 To serve, sprinkle the salad with the toasted sesame seeds.