The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chicken Based Mains
Sweet Oriental Poached Chicken
Serves 4 Print Recipe
- 1 cup of Todd River Dust (Mild Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 2 cups chicken stock,
- 2 cups water,
- ¼ cup oyster sauce,
- ¼ cup sweet soy sauce,
- ¼ cup brown sugar,
- 2 green onions, chopped,
- 2 lime leaves,
- 2 star anise,
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger,
- 1 clove garlic, sliced,
- 4 chicken breast fillets and
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed and halved.
- Combine chicken stock, water, sauces, sugar, onion, lime leaves, star anise, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat.
- Add chicken. Simmer for 10 to 15 minuets. Remove from heat. Add bok choy. Allow standing for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken on a bed of bok choy, drizzled with broth.
- Accompany with rice or noodles.