The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Chicken Based Mains
Serves 4 - 6 Print Recipe
- 2 - 3 capfuls of Dragon's Blood (Bloody Hot Stuff!! SHU 36,000)
- 4 large chicken thighs, bone in & skin and fat off
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground fenugreek
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 3 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 x 400gm tin crushed tomatoes or 4 large ripe diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup V8 hot and spicy tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Place chicken pieces in bowl with dried spices, Dragons Blood and vinegar.
Mix well and marinate 3 hours or overnight.
2 Heat oil in large pan and brown onions. Add remaining ingredients, chicken and marinade. Simmer gently for 40 minutes or until meat starts to fall off bone.
3 Remove chicken from sauce, shred meat and discard bones. Add shredded chicken back to sauce and heat through.
Goes really well with unsalted raw cashews, date relish and chapatis. Freezes for 2 months, but add extra 1/2 cup of V8 juice with shredded chicken before freezing.