Spices, salt, dehydrated vegetable
This product contains no known allergens
2-3 tablespoons Spice Mix
3 cups water
2 cups diced onions
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Indigo, French Green or Beluga Caviar lentils
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup diced tomato
6 chicken thighs (skin-on)
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C
2) Use frying pan to sauté the onions, carrots, garlic and ginger until tender in 2 tablespoons of olive oil (5-7 minutes)
3) Add 2-3 tablespoons Spice Mix and sauté (2-3 minutes)
4) Add 1 cup lentils, 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 3 cups water, bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low and let cook until al dente. (30 minutes)
5) marinate chicken all sides with salt and pepper
6) Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a heavy bottom frypan, on medium high heat, place chicken skin side down & sear until crispy & golden on both sides (6-8 min)
Serve over a bed of lentils
You can use natural yoghurt, sour cream, mayonnaise or some cream cheese (use 100 mL). Add 1 teaspoon of The Spice Factory Ethiopian / Berber Spice Mix and mix thoroughly.
Also nice with:
Great with African cooking or any other dish.
Is great on any meat, chicken or lamb.
Simply sprinkle on before cooking or after cooking.
Use one (1) teaspoon per piece of meat.
Awards won by Berber Ethiopean Spice Mix
There are lots of benefits to being a member of The Chilli Factory website. Registration is simple using the Registration Form. If you already registered you can login here.
Forgot your password? Please reset your password via the forgot password page.
The Chilli Factory All material © copyright by The Chilli Factory 2000 - 2022 ABN 15 113 830 747