The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Spiced Beef with Beetroot and CrÃ¨me Fraiche
Turbo Supercharge Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 200 gms of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil and a little bit of butter
- 1kg stewing beef or skirt cut into 3cm cubes
- 16 whole shallots, peeled
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ litre beef or chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 8 juniper berries, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt, black pepper
- 2 tbsp crÃ¨me fraiche
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp creamed horseradish
- Place the olive oil and butter over a high heat in a heavy, ovenproof casserole. Brown the beef all over, remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, stir in the shallots, garlic and chilli and cook till the shallots are softened.
- Pour in the wine vinegar, stock and balsamic vinegar, raise the heat and bring it to the boil.
- Stir in the spices and sugar, and then add the meat and Redbelly's Favourite (Chilli Beetroot Chutney) season well with salt and black pepper.
- Cover the casserole and put it in a preheated oven to 160°C for 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Take the casserole out. Then mix together crÃ¨me fraiche, mustard, horseradish, and stir into the casserole before serving.
- Serve the casserole with potato mash.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or