The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Chilli Lamb Shank and Vegetable Soup
- 100 gms of Outback Storm (Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 litres of beef stock
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 bay leaves
- seasoning to taste
- Heat oil in large stockpot. Brown shanks well over. Transfer to plate. Add onions and garlic to a pan. Saute until onions are tender. Stir in carrots, potatoes, turnip and parsnip. Cook for 1 min.
- Blend in remaining ingredients. Return shanks to pot. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until barley is tender and lamb falls of the bone.
- Transfer shanks to a dish. Add meat to soup. Heat gently, serve with bread.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or