The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Thai Fried Noodles (Phad Thai)
Serves 4 - 6
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 250 g flat rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 8 large raw prawns, peeled, de-veined and tail intact
- 100 g fried tofu puffs, julienned
- 90 g bean sprout
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with hot water and soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
2 Combine the tamarind puree wit1 tablespoon water. Place the Habanero paste, garlic, and spring onion in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a smooth paste. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and stir in the tamarind mixture along with the hot sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and limejuice, stirring until combined.
3 Heat a wok until very hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the side. Add the egg and swirl to coat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove, roll up and cut into thin slices.
4 Heat the remaining oil in the wok, stir in the chilli mixture, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the pork, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir-fry for further minute, or until pink and curled.
5 Stir in the noodles, egg, tofu and the bean sprouts, and gently toss together until heated through.
6 Serve immediately topped with the peanuts, coriander and lime wedges.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or