The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Crispy Noodles (Mee Crob)
Serves 4 - 6
- 3 tablespoons of Funnelweb Bite (Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- Oil, to deep-fry
- 100 g dried rice vermicelli
- 100 g fried tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 8 green beans, sliced on the diagonal
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 8 raw medium prawns, peeled, de-veined and tails intact
- 30 g bean sprouts
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 Place the mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, discard the woody stems and thinly slice the caps.
2 Fill the wok one-third full of oil and heat to 180 c. Cook the vermicelli in batches for 5 seconds, or until puffed and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
3 Add the tofu to the wok in batches and deep-fry for 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Cool the oil slightly and carefully remove all but 2 tablespoons of the oil
4 Reheat the wok over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic and onion, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken slices, mushrooms, green beans and half the spring onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink.
5 To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and the hot sweet chilli sauce. Add to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the meat and prawns are tender and the sauce is syrupy. Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the vermicelli, tofu and bean sprouts. Garnish with the coriander and the remaining spring onion.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or