The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Spicy Lamb and Noodle Salad
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lambs back straps about 250 g each
- 500 g fresh Shanghai noodles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 80 g snow pea sprouts
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 Combine the five-spice powder, 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and garlic in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Add the sesame oil and toss to combine thoroughly.
3 Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Cook the lamb over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes, and then thinly slice across the grain.
4 To make the dressing, combine the ginger, Chinese black vinegar, rice wine, peanut oil and chilli mango cordial in a small bowl.
5 Place the noodles, lamb strips, snow pea sprouts, capsicum, spring onion and the dressing in a large bowl and toss gently until well combined. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or