The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Spicy Cellophane Noodles With Minced Pork
- 1/4 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 4 tablespoons of Morning Afterburn (Hot Chilli Mango Sauce)
- 200 g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 150 g mung bean vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons chilli bean sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 spring onions green part only extra, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Combine the mince, cornflour, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the rice wine and 1/2 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a bowl, using a fork or your fingers. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Drain well.
3 Heat the wok over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Cook the spring onion, garlic, ginger, chilli bean sauce and the Habanero paste for 10 seconds, then add mince mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to break up any lumps. Stir in the stock, hot chilli mango sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil.
4 Add the noodles to the wok and toss to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes, or until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Garnish with the extra spring onion and serve.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or