The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Hot Chilli Hummingbird Cake with Maple glazed Apple
Serves 4 - 8
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 2 cups wheat- and gluten-free organic flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup pure maple syrup, plus extra for glazing
- 6 egg whites
- 440g tin crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 2 cups sliced banana
- 2 apples, peeled and thickly sliced to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 C. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and Turbo Supercharge. Add applesauce, maple syrup, egg whites and pineapple. Mix well until combined, and then fold in banana chunks last.
Spoon into 1 large 25cm cake tin or 4 small 10cm mini-cake tins that have been lined with silicone paper. Garnish with sliced apple and bake for 45 to 50 minutes until cooked through and golden. Remove from the oven and brush apple tops with extra maple syrup to glaze. Allow to cool.
To make your own organic wheat- and gluten-free flour, combine 4 cups organic maize flour, 4 cups organic brown rice flour, 1 cup soy flour, 1 cup buckwheat flour and 1 cup LSA. Mix well and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Wholemeal flour can also be used in place of the wheat- and gluten-free flour. You can also add ½ cup of chopped walnuts to the recipe if desired.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or