The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Pork Noodle Salad
Cold Entrees Recipe
Serves 4 - 6
- 1/3 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 fresh coriander roots
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cm- 3cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 30 g fresh black fungus
- 100g dried rice vermicelli
- 2 red Asian shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g pork mince
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Oak leave or coral lettuce to serve
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves extra to garnish
1 To make the Asian broth, place the stock, coriander roots, lime leaves, ginger and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced to 3/4 cup. Strain and return to the pan.
2 Discard the woody stems from the fungus, and then thinly slice. Soak the vermicelli in boiling water for 6-7 minutes. Drain, and then cut into 3 cm lengths. Combine the vermicelli, fungus, Habanero paste, red Asian shallots, spring onion and garlic.
3 Return the stock to the heat and bring to the boil. Add the pork mince and stir, breaking up any lumps, for 2-3 minutes, or until the pork changes colour and is cooked. Drain, and then add to the vermicelli mixture.
4 Combine the limejuice, fish sauce, palm sugar and white pepper, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add to the pork mixture with the coriander and mix well. Season with salt.
5 To assemble, tear or shred the lettuce, then arrange on a serving dish. Spoon on the pork and noodle mixture and garnish with the lime wedges and extra coriander.
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or