The Chilli Factory - Setting the World on Fire!
Select from one of our Recipe Categories in the menu to the right and then click on the Recipe name to view and print the recipe.
Our Delicious Recipes
Beef and Glass Noodle Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 100 gms of Outback Storm (Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish)
- 500 g beef fillet, 5cm in diameter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp
- 1 teaspoon jasmine rice
- 1 stem lemon grass (white part only)
- 2 coriander roots, finely chopped
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 300 g mung bean vermicelli
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cut into half lengthways and into 1 cm pieces
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, cut into 1 cm wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons Vietnamese mint
- 1 tablespoon crisp fried shallots
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup limejuice
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon TURBO SUPER CHARGE
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind puree
1 Heat a char grill plate or frying pan over high heat. Brush the beef with the oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Sear on all sides for 3-4 minutes ensuring the meat remains rare in the centre. Remove and allow to rest
2 Meanwhile, dry-fry the dried shrimp and rice in a clean frying pan for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Place in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder. Mix the powder with the lemon grass, Habanero paste, coriander roots, lime leaves, limejuice and ginger in a non-metallic bowl. Add the beef and turn to coat well on all sides. Cover and marinate for 5 minutes, then cut into 1 cm thick slices across the grain.
3 To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
4 Place the vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl, then add the beef, cucumber, tomato, red onion, roast tomato chilli relish, mint and dressing and toss well. Serve garnished with crisp fried shallots and coriander leaves
Need Help?Phone: +61 (0)2 4973 3751 or