Curried Chilli Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turbo Supercharge (Extremely Hot Habanero Paste)
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 500gr pumpkin flesh
- 3 cups of hot chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup thickened cream
- Combine leek, oil, garlic and curry in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) power for 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Blend in stock and seasonings. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Allow to rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Puree mixture using a hand blender or food processor.
- Reheat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ladle into bowls and serve immediately with a swirl of cream.
TheChilliFactory.com All material © copyright by The Chilli Factory 2000 - 2013